This post is a collection of gift ideas for the gardener in your life with a focus on sustainability, quality and beauty.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Even though it’s the dead of winter (actually it’s still autumn, but winter to me because it’s windy, cold and dark) I’m still thinking about the start of a new growing season. If you are a gardener or have a gardener friend then I bet they are too.
Selecting Quality Sustainable Products
I had a lot of fun searching for and selecting all these gift ideas for this post. It has me dreaming of spring and new growth and new plans… All these gift ideas are either things I would enjoy owning or do own and use. (Shh… I plan on stuffing my Christmas stocking with a few of the smaller things on this list).
While selecting gardening items for this list, my focus was finding quality functional items that were also aesthetically pleasing. If I can find something that is beautiful and well made I tend to gravitate to those things even if they cost a little more than the brightly colored, cheaply made, plastic versions.
I’ve even included gift ideas for the little gardener too. And if you have avid outdoor players like I do, then I bet they won’t even wait until spring to start using some of these tools.
Gift Ideas For The Gardener:
- Leather Gloves
- Nitrile Coated Work Gloves
- Garden Clogs
- Large Sun Hat
- Harvest Basket or Large Bolga Basket
- Seedling Labels or Wooden Plant Labels
- Bamboo Grow Light – I use my grow light to start my seeds indoors around February and March. This bamboo one is a really pretty.
- Seed Tray Kits
- Seed Packet Storage Tin
- Peat Trays or Peat Pots
- Soil Blockers – I bought and used these last year. They are such a great eco friendly way of starting seeds. No pots needed.
- Clyde’s Garden Planner – this little chart is super cool and has a lot of info on when to plant.
Outdoor Garden Decor
- Wooden Insect House
- Sunflower Wind Spinner
- Heirloom Garden Weather Vane
- Wind Chime
- Copper Roof Bird House
Indoor Gardening and Decor
- Worm Composting Farm
- Fermentation Crock
- Bee Magnets
- Small Watering Can for House Plants
- Farmers Market Calendar
- Tasha Tudor’s Garden by Tovah Martin
- All New Square Foot Gardening II: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More in Less Space by Mel Bartholomew
- Martha Stewart’s Gardening: Month by Month by Martha Stewart
- The Cook’s Herb Garden: Grow, Harvest, Cook by DK
For the Little Gardener
- Radio Flyer Wheelbarrow
- Gardening Tote with Tools
- Leather Kids Garden Gloves
- Tool Set: Garden Rake, Spade, Hoe and Leaf Rake
- We Are The Gardeners Book by Joanna Gaines
- How Do Flowers Grow? by Daynes Katie